Steps To Homeownership
Not everyone is prepared to buy a house but for most it is their goal to eventually purchase a home. It is my goal to help renters become homeowners.
1. Network with a licensed Real Estate Broker who will guide you in the next steps to homeownership. Of course, I suggest calling me to discuss proven proven resources that will easily improve your credit score and other resources to help self-employed business owners obtain a mortgage.
2. Contact a Mortgage Broker who can give tips on how to improve your credit score. The mortgage broker will ask you questions specific to your situation. Using your income amount and compare it to your debt amount (debt income ratio) the mortgage broker will be able to tell you how much house you can afford, how much the payment will be and how much money you will need for a down payment.
Relocating and Renting in Bend
Many people relocating to Central Oregon may want to live in the area first before buying. There seems to be a lot of scamming going on nowadays. Remember the old saying “if it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t true”. These scammers especially target those moving from “out of the area”.
- Always work with a licensed professional. The simplest is to work with a Property Management Company, Relocation Service or Real Estate Broker. Be sure you are working with a licensed company. If the person you are working with is not the homeowner or an employee of a licensed professional you maybe at risk of being scammed. Visit the Oregon Real Estate Agency website to verify a professional license.
- If you rent from an individual homeowner you should do some research to make sure you are working with the actual homeowner. Visit the Deschutes County records website to verify the person you are about to give money to is the actual homeowner. Before meeting with the potential landlord verify the name of the homeowner for a specific address. As a renter you have a right to see their ID to verify identity before giving any money.
- Never make a payment by wiring online money transfers unless you have met with and spoken with the Escrow Officer. This also puts you at risk. Most scammers get their money through wiring.
- Recently the House of Representatives passed a one year bill (2019/2020) that will require the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to discount FHA single-family mortgage insurance premium payments to qualified first time home buyers. HR 2162.
Downloadable Buyers Guide
Licensed in the State of Oregon. Broker Affiliated with eXp Realty, LLC. Not intended to solicit properties already under contract. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Copyright© 2020.